Reporting to the Chief Geologist the successful candidate is responsible for managing the drilling onsite. The Drilling Geologist will work with the operations team on 14/14 work schedule in the support of a safety culture and achievement in production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure underground drilling activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations.
- Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies/procedures.
- Definition drilling duties including core logging, generation of drill layouts, drill plans/sections, communication with the drilling contractors and site operations.
- Underground drill site inspections as required.
- Training for other logging geologists and geological technicians.
- Assist geology team with data entry and validation of drilling data.
- Other duties as may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in geology or geological engineering.
- Eligible for registration as a professional geologist in Ontario (APGO).
- Ontario common core module preferred.
- 3-5 years of underground mine definition drilling experience.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations.
- Computer skills for downloading data and data collection.
- Computer skills in Deswik, MS Office and Leapfrog.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.