Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist the successful candidate is responsible for the daily underground geology related to underground tonnes and grade production. The Production Geologist will work with the operations team on a 14 days on and 14 days off work schedule in the support of a safety culture and achievement in production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure underground mining activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Ore control duties which includes visiting active heads, underground mapping and routing of material
- Delineation drilling duties including core logging, generation of drill plans and communication with drill services and regular visits to drill rigs underground
- Other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in geology or geological engineering
- Eligible for registration as a professional geologist in Ontario (APGO)
- Common core module
- 3-5 years of underground mine operations and geology experience
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations
- Computer skills for downloading data and data collection
- Computer skills in Deswik, Leapfrog, MS Office
- Ability to walk significant distances underground and lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical and problem solving skills
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.